Commitment to IDEA: Inclusion • Diversity • Equity • Access
Students of color, girls, and LGBTQIA+ have been historically, and continue to be, vastly underserved and underrepresented in STEM professions. The National STEM Honor Society (NSTEM) aims to foster real change by promoting Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA).
Because we believe that learning thrives best in a diverse community, and that society benefits from the contributions of a diverse population, the National STEM Honor Society.
- Recruits school communities with underrepresented and underserved students.
- Works to be anti-racist and to remove barriers and layers of disadvantage and injustice to Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) communities.
- Condemns discriminatory action towards the LGBTQIA+ community and strives to create an open, supportive environment for people of all gender identifications and sexual orientations.
- Promotes understanding and respect for people of all religions to have the freedom and comfort to express their faith.
- Maintains a library of resources curated to include the work of people of different genders, races, ethnicities, and backgrounds.
- Encourages students of all economic backgrounds to participate by maintaining low fees, and provides a prestigious avenue for recognition of excellence and leadership in STEM education.
National STEM Honor SocietyTM is committed to serving all students and educators regardless of their race, gender, religion, ethnicity, disability, age, nationality, and sexuality.