National STEM Honor Society™ (NSTEM™) Chapters can only be started by a school. Each school has its own unique Chapter, managed by an Advisor and Director (head of school). Members are students that attend that school.
The annual fee for each Chapter is $295; NSTEM does not require student member membership fees. Chapters can be started anytime throughout the year and renew annually July 1.
Through this brief checklist below, you can begin your journey with NSTEM™ today!
1)Talk with your school administration about starting a Chapter
2)Determine who will be the Chapter Advisor. This individual must not be a student and will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Chapter.
3) Review the Essential Documents
- Constitution opens in a new tab
- Minimum Eligibility Requirements for Membershipopens in a new tab
- Payment Instructions opens in a new tab
4) Have your school complete the Chapter Registration Formopens in a new tab
5) Work with your school to create Chapter specific bylaws using our Sample Bylawsopens in a new tab
You can start your Chapter by submitting your Chapter registration with payment at any time throughout the year; Chapters renew annually July 1.
Once NSTEM™ receives your school’s registration, we will send your team login information where the Chapter Advisor can access the Advisor Dashboard opens in a new taband learn how to develop your own active and engaging Chapter.
Shortly after your registration, you will be sent via mail, your certificate and acceptance letter recognizing your new Chapter.