National STEM Honor Society™ (NSTEM™) Chapters can only be started by a school. Each school has its own unique Chapter, managed by an Advisor and Director (head of school). Members are students that attend that school.
The annual fee for each Chapter is $295 (NSTEM does not require student member membership fees). Chapter memberships starts July 1 and ends June 30.
Through this brief checklist below, you can begin your journey with NSTEM™ today!
1) Talk with your school administration about starting a Chapter
2) Determine who will be the Chapter Advisor. This individual must not be a student and will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Chapter.
3) Review the Essential Documents
4) Have your school complete the
Chapter Registration Form
5) Work with your school to create Chapter specific bylaws using our Sample Bylaws
You can submit your Chapter application with payment at any time!
Once NSTEM™ receives your school’s application and payment, we will send you a certificate recognizing your new Chapter, acceptance letter, and login information to the Chapter Advisor.
With the login, the Chapter Advisor can access the NSTEM™ Advisor Dashboard and learn how to develop your own active and engaging Chapter.