The National STEM Honor Society™ (NSTEM™) was founded in 2017 in response to the growing demand for innovative science, technology, engineering, and mathematics in (“STEM”) education. We foster a passion for STEM in students From K to Career™.
We believe in:
- STEM from the Start – inspiring young minds toward lifelong learning and careers
- Recognition – continuous positive reinforcement for high achievement for outstanding STEM performance and leadership.
- Project-Based Learning – accelerating student passion through collaboration, yielding extraordinary results
- Resources – providing educators and students the tools to compete and lead in the 21st century
- Future Readiness – preparing students for the exciting and challenging world that lies ahead
In our interconnected world there is an enormous gap between the demand for STEM trained professionals and the supply of career ready, STEM focused students. NSTEM helps fill that gap, for students and workers at all levels, by advancing our mission to inspire and recognize excellence from K to Career in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
We serve these 5 levels on the continuum From K to Career:
For more details, click a level below.
The National STEM Honor Society is a Benefit Corporation with three social purposes:
- IDEAs – leveling the playing field for underrepresented and underserved populations
- Community and Connectivity – strengthening like-minded learning communities through team oriented collaboration
- Sustainability – operating with deep respect for our environment and our planet
To learn how to start a local chapter, go to Start a Chapter.